SOUTH BEND'S PREMIER POLE STUDIO
WHO WE ARE
We seek to provide quality pole instruction and a welcoming atmosphere for all of our students. We believe that pole is a transformative process through which we can overcome our personal obstacles.
Pole fosters a unique combination of strength and vulnerability that contributes to personal growth and development. Without the noise of the outside world, we can begin to listen to our minds and bodies with clarity.
Pole is both a sport and an art. The curriculum at Soma Pole Studio was developed with two objectives in mind: to teach the technical aspects of pole and to encourage a reflective practice in the process. Students will learn the athletic elements of pole in such a way that facilitates self-exploration and self-expression.
Trust yourself. Invest in yourself. Transform yourself.
At Soma, we teach pole with technical precision while aiming to facilitate reflective practice. We are committed to fostering a supportive community built on strength, empowerment, and resilience.
YOUR FIRST CLASS
Everyone is nervous at their first pole class, and that's okay! Don't let that stop you from discovering the magic of pole.
For your first class, please arrive 15 minutes early to get oriented. We recommend wearing shorts and a sports bra for maximum skin grip. We also ask that you bring your own water bottle and yoga mat if you have one. If you can, avoid putting on lotion before class, and be ready to take off all jewelry. Most importantly, come with an open mind and a willingness to have fun!
Prior to your first class in the studio, please ensure that you have finished your MINDBODY account, signed the liability waiver, and filled out the three studio policy forms linked in your welcome email.
We live during an unprecedented time. In order to keep our students, instructors, and the community safe, we have taken the following precautions according to CDC guidelines:
- Students must sign up online in advance. No walk-ins will be accepted;
- The door will be locked at the beginning of every class so no late arrivals will be accepted, refunded, rescheduled, or credited;
- Lobby opens 15 minutes before Intro to Pole classes and 10 minutes before all other classes. Lobby closes 10 minutes after all classes.
- Poles are 7 ft apart, allowing for social distancing;
- Masks are required at all times while in the studio;
- Temperatures will be taken at the door;
- Anyone with a temperature above 100 F will not be admitted into class;
- Students must answer questions related to possible exposure or symptoms;
- Students are asked to come dressed for class;
- No sharing of poles;
- Poles, floors, and mats will be cleaned before/after every class;
- Hand sanitizer will be provided;
- If a student suspects COVID-19 exposure or has tested positive, we request that they remain at home.