FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Q: How do I sign up for classes?
A: You sign up for classes through our MindBody booking platform. To do this, click login in the top right corner of our website and make an account. Once you do that, you can choose a pricing option and register for classes!
Q: What should I know for my first class?
A: For your first class, please come to the studio 10 minutes early to get oriented. We recommend wearing shorts and a sports bra for maximum skin grip. Please refrain from wearing any lotion or jewelry. Bring a water bottle and a yoga mat if you have one. Make sure you've filled out your three pre-registration forms (below) that should have come in your MindBody welcome email. Most of all, bring an open mind and a willingness to have fun!
Physical Health Readiness Questionnaire: https://forms.gle/nC18VJr5gqiUydVM8
Covid-19 Acknowledgement: https://forms.gle/wxxcsnh3BdheLueA7
Photo Release Form: https://forms.gle/6KFWDHsLWn5p2Feh9
Q: What if I am late to class?
A: We lock the door promptly at the beginning of class. Due to Covid-19 and the necessity of a proper warmup, we do not allow you to come to class late. If you are going to be less than 5 minutes late, give us a call and let us know and we will unlock the door for you. If you are more than 5 minutes late to class, we cannot allow you to participate and you will forfeit the class credit.
Q: What is your refund policy?
A: We do not offer refunds. Please also be aware of the expiration date of your classes or memberships/packages. No extensions will be granted.
Q: What is your cancellation/rescheduling policy?
A: Any class cancellations will go on your account as class credits IF they are made more than six hours prior to class start time. Cancellations or reschedule attempts made within that six-hour window will result in the loss of the class. A no-show will result in a loss of the class credit. If you have Covid-19 or have sustained a serious injury, you may reschedule your class after the cancellation window has passed. However, you MUST wait 14 days before attending your next class. If this is the case, please give us a call and let us know.
Q: Where are you located?
A: We are located at 218 Sycamore St in downtown South Bend. You may access the studio from E Colfax Ave or E LaSalle Ave.
Q: Can I hangout at the studio?
A: No. Due to Covid-19 and our strict cleaning protocols (see below), we need enough time before and after every class to sanitize properly. The lobby opens 10 minutes before class and closes 10 minutes after class.
Q: Do you have an age or weight limit?
A: Classes are for people ages 18 and over. There is no weight limit.
Q: How are your classes categorized in terms of skill level?
A: We use the official Pole Sport Organization (PSO) level categorization system. An in-depth explanation of these levels is available on the PSO website.
We live during an unprecedented time. In order to keep our students, instructors, and the community safe, we have taken the following precautions according to CDC guidelines:
- Students must sign up online in advance. No walk-ins will be accepted;
- The door will be locked at the beginning of every class so no late arrivals will be accepted, refunded, rescheduled, or credited;
- Lobby opens 10 minutes before classes. Lobby closes 10 minutes after all classes.
- Poles are 6-7 ft apart, allowing for social distancing;
- Masks are required in the studio at this time. If you have recently been or are currently sick, please do not come to class;
- Students must answer questions related to possible exposure or symptoms;
- Students are asked to come dressed for class;
- No sharing of poles;
- Poles, floors, and mats will be cleaned before/after every class;
- Hand sanitizer will be provided;
- If a student suspects COVID-19 exposure or has tested positive, we request that they remain at home.